[This guide is intended as a resource for Therapist Users who are a member of a Group Edition of Owl. If you're a Therapist reading this and you are using the Solo Edition of Owl instead, please use our standard Getting Started Guide instead!]
Welcome to Owl! Owl Practice is a comprehensive, web-based practice management solution designed to help simplify your practice's administrative needs. As a Therapist user in a Group Edition of Owl, you won't need to worry about all the practice management elements of Owl, or be able to change certain settings relating to the overall practice. As a result, we've created this guide so you know exactly what features and settings to be aware of as you get started as a new user in Owl. Review the steps and articles linked below for a full introduction into all you'll be doing in Owl!
1. Logging Into OwlIf you haven't got access to your Owl Account yet, you'll need to reach out to an Office Admin or an Owner of your Practice to create your login information for you and send your practice URL to you! Each Owl account has its own segregated database, accessible only from a customized, account-specific URL, so be sure to bookmark this URL once it's sent to you for easy access. Once you've logged in with the information provided to you, you can change your login email and password by heading to Settings > User Access.
2. Configuring Your Therapist Profile and Setting up Your AvailabilityBefore you get started with scheduling sessions and writing up notes, you'll want to make sure your Therapist profile is set up correctly! Click here for a full walkthrough in setting up your Therapist profile. The information you input here will appear in a variety of places of Owl, including receipts and invoices, so make sure it's all correct! A practice owner or administrator may have completed these details for you already, but you'll want to check and make sure.
Once your Therapist profile is set up, you'll want to set up your Availability. Your availability will be displayed to the rest of your Group Practice, and it's how other users (as well as Clients, if your practice uses Online Booking) will know when you're available for sessions, so it's important to set up correctly! Click here for an overview on setting up your availability in Owl.
3. Learning the Features of OwlNow your Therapist profile and availability has been set up, you're ready to start using Owl! Here is a list of guides for all the features you will most likely use day to day in Owl. Be sure to read through all of these resources for a full understanding of how to use this functionality, and speak to your Group Practice to make sure you know what features they expect you to be using each day.
- Click here for a guide to adding and managing Clients in Owl. Please note that as a Therapist in a group practice, you may or may not be limited to being only able to see Clients who have been assigned to you in Owl depending on the practice's settings. Check with an Owner or Office Admin if you're not sure
- Next, click here for a guide on scheduling sessions in Owl. This guide covers both scheduling Client sessions and blocking out time for personal/administrative purposes.
- After booking a session, you can write a session note for it. Click here for an overview on writing session notes in Owl!
- Finally, check here for a guide to billing in Owl. Again, be sure to check with your Group Practice about who is responsible for which administrative tasks in Owl, as this will determine how often you use these features.