When you’re ready to add coverages for your clients, you can do so by opening a Client Profile and clicking into the Insurance section:
There are two sections within the Insurance area of the Client Profile. The first section is Coverage, where you can input and manage any insurance coverages that apply to the client. The second is Claims, where you will go to make claims once the client has coverage on file to claim against.
If you have not yet added coverage for a client, this section will appear empty. You can add coverage for a client by clicking the plus (+) sign in the bottom right corner of the page:
In the window that appears, you will be prompted to enter all of the required details for the client’s coverage, such as Payor, Insurance Type, Member ID, etc.
Once all of the details have been entered, click Save.
Upon saving the coverage, an eligibility check will be processed to ensure the coverage will work for future claims. Please note this may take a few minutes to complete. When the check is complete you will see a screen confirming that the eligibility has been verified for the client.
When you click the Done button to close the screen, you will see a card on file for the client’s coverage now:
For any saved coverages, you can click on the three horizontal dots in the upper right hand corner of the coverage (this is known as a kabob menu!) to:
- Edit Coverage: if you have not created any claims using this coverage, you have the option to make edits or changes to the coverage details. After you have submitted a claim using the coverage, it will no longer be editable
- Delete Coverage: a coverage card can be deleted or removed any time
- Make Primary: if the client has more than one coverage card, you can set one coverage to be the primary which is selected by default when making claims
- Check Eligibility: you can re-check and verify the eligibility of the coverage any time
- Save as Contact: if the coverage’s policy holder is someone other than the client, you can use this option to add the policy holder’s details as a Contact for the client
There is no limit to the number of coverages you can have on file for a client.
Keep in mind, to add coverages to client profiles and make successful claim submissions every Client Profile must have the following information on file:
- Date of Birth
- Diagnosis (ICD-10 Code)