At Owl Practice, we take the security of your data very seriously. Our first priority is keeping all the practice data you entrust to the Owl Practice system safe and secure. Here are some of the things we do to keep your practice data always safe and secure:
- Canadian Data in Canadian Servers - As you’ve noted, being Canadian matters. As we were developing Owl, we consulted with many therapists, and we heard loud and clear that it was very important to them that their data reside on servers in Canada as a matter of PHIPA and College compliance. Our servers are located in Toronto so you can be assured your client's practice data is securely stored in Canada.
- Data Storage on Servers - We use a combination of SQL and MongoDB databases to store all practice data in a secure fashion.
- Customized Login Pages - Each Owl account has it's own segregated database, accessible only from a customized, account-specific URL There is no way to login to an Owl account from the Owl marketing site, and these login pages are not searchable on Google, for security reasons.
- Data Encryption - At Owl, we use bank-level encryption (SSL) to encrypt all data that moves between our secure and dedicated servers and the device and browser on which a clinician accesses their Owl Practice account.
- Data Loss Protection - With Owl, your data is continuously backed up, both across Owl’s servers and in multiple locations (multiple Toronto locations), so you never need to worry about losing practice data. There’s no need for finicky backup hard-disks or difficult recoveries. Owl handles all that for you, and it brings a lot of peace-of-mind to practice owners.
- Canadian Team - The entire Owl Practice team is located in Canada. We’re a Canadian company, for Canadian mental health practitioners, run by Canadians.
We hope that gives you a sense of some of the key things we do to insure the security of practice data in Owl, and to assist practices in achieving PHIPA compliance. If you have any more questions about security and Owl Practice, please contact us