There are two methods to grant client access to Online Booking:
- Therapist Provides Credentials
- Client Directed Signup
If you plan to use Online Booking with new clients, you will use the Client Directed Signup method.
Both methods require administrative time spent by the therapist to tie clients from your Owl client list to your Online Booking client list. This process needs to be completed only when adding new clients to Online Booking.
Therapist Provides Credentials
This method has the therapist configuring access for the client:
- Head to the Client Record > Contact & Clinical > Account Details > Edit.
- Under Client Portal Settings, enter the client's email address.
- Set a password for the client.
- Click the green Save button.
- The email address you just entered and their password.
- Your Online Booking URL.
- Instructions that they can update their password using the “Forgot Your Password?” button on the main log in screen.
Client Directed Signup
If you will be using Online Booking for new clients, they will create their own account by visiting your Online Booking URL through your website.
In order to book a session, they must:
- Create an account
- Verify their email address
If your clients are unable to find their verification email, you are able to verify for them under Clients > Prospects.
Once your client has created an account, you will need to associate them (instructions below) to tie them to your Owl client list. The “associate” step is what adds the Online Booking client in as an Owl client.
Add the Client to your Owl Client List
When a client creates an account through Online Booking, you must add them in as an Owl client. Owl will send an email to your therapist email (Settings > Therapist Profile) to notify you when a client books a new session.
To add a client from Online Booking to your Owl client list:
- Start in All Clients > Prospects.
- Click the checkbox next to the client you are adding, opening the green edit bar.
- There are two options to add the client:
- Create Client: For new clients, this opens the Add Client window. Several fields will auto-fill from the information entered by the client.
- Associate: If the client already exists in your Owl client list, the associate options lets you link the Online Booking client to an Owl client. Search the client name and select Associate.
If a client is unable to verify their email address, they can resend the verification from the Account page on the portal. Otherwise, if you would prefer, you can click Verify from the All Client List to skip that step.
Viewing Client Sessions on your Owl Calendar
When a client books a session online, that session will automatically be displayed on your Owl calendar.
When a new client has booked a session, it will appear on your calendar as a red entry labelled Unverified. Once verified, the session will still be red, however the label will change to Unassociated. Unassociated means that the client has verified their email, but you have not connected their portal account to a Client in Owl.
A verified and associated session will appear as any other session, however the banner at the top of the session block will read "From Portal."